Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Breathing in the New Year

We are living in fast times and 2008 isn't going to slow down. We who are "plugged in" can get bombarded with information. Just how we assimilate this information is important. My curious mind can spend hours gathering information then using that information...so it seems my mind is a busy place. (Not to mention how easy it is to get side tracked here on the wonderful World Wide Web.) I resolve in the New Year to be mindfully focused on my priorities. One way I do that is by using my Outlook Calendar to organize my day, giving my priorities attention. A huge priority in my life is health in body, mind and spirit. Stress can take its toll on the mind and body so as the New Year begins I intend to manage stress carefully by feeding myself (and those around me) only the healthiest of foods and positive experiences. Meditating, jogging to the beach and back and being spiritually aware are important ways for me to manage stress too, along with getting lots of fresh air. This brings me to the best quick fix stress buster. Breathing. Let us remember to really breath! Conscious breathing can relieve stress. Breath deep and smile. Try it right now......breath in through your nose for a count of 5, hold it for 2, breath out like you are blowing through your mouth for a count of 7. Repeat three times. Feel better? Good. May we all be well, happy and free from the aches and pains of stress.

No comments: