Sunday, August 5, 2007

A good time for Eggplant

I was so delighted to see such a variety of eggplant at the Farmers Market last Wednesday. Big fat ones, little round ones, purples, greens, even multi-colored ones. So naturally I purchased several and I'm happy to say that they all tasted absolutely rich and delicious. Even though we can all get eggplant year round, right now I do think they are at their finest in flavor. Eggplant is very nutritious -- did you know it's one of the top ten vegetables in antioxidant content....so it's heart-healthy. Try this easy recipe along with a little pasta or simply by itself for a light meal.

1 comment:

The Passionate Palate said...

I look forward to finding some of those purple beauties with you at the next farmers' market. Hey, would you please post about your Baba Ganoush (if you are happy with it, of course)?