Thursday, August 20, 2009

Eat Right, Stay Fit

The greatest and most beneficial health reform shall come when we regularly eat healthier foods. When the fast food craze began many years ago no one knew how badly it would effect our health. We are now seeing obesity, poor health and medical costs rising at an alarming rate due to the high percentage of processed, "empty" nutrient foods and lack of physical exercise. It's time to educate our people and make it easier for them to eliminate those low-nutrient, fatty, salty, sugary foods that have harmed our health. I began eating 6-8 servings a day of fruits and vegetables as a teenager, and now in my fifties, I am healthy, strong and energetic. I must attribute this to my regular intake of fruits, vegetables and whole grains as well as the fact that I walk/jog/hike 20 miles a week. I encourage people of all ages and stages to eat fruits and vegetables regularly and partake in a minimum of four hours of moderate exercise every week. Just do it!  And if you need help or support doing it, please consider joining me in weekly walks/hikes and upper body lite weight work outs. 

1 comment:

Blasé said...

I agree...now pass me the Burger and Fries!!!