Monday, April 26, 2021

No-cook SuperPowered soup/smoothy


My friend Morgan, gave me a recipe the other day with ingredients I love and believe to be healing and nutrient dense.  So, I tried it.  I love trying new recipes!  It's Carrot-Ginger-Coconut no-cook Soup.   I just put all the ingredients in my trusty VitaMix, blended it, and it came out smoothy consistency.  Totally delicious and a great fast-breaker at 1:00pm (after a good work-out at the gym).  My compliments to whomever created and published the original recipe, which I admit I followed with a few exceptions.  So, here's how it's done:

Makes 2-3 servings:

(use ingredients that are COLD - the colder the better)

1 cup full fat coconut milk

1 tablespoon full fat greek yogurt

1 giant orange carrot, rough-chopped

2 tablespoons fresh lime juice

Several pieces fresh ginger, peeled & rough-chopped

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1 teaspoon turmeric powder

1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper

Put everything in a high-speed blender (let's hear it for the best  blender on the planet, VitaMix).  Make sure the top is fitted snugly.  Begin on low and increase speed to high until it becomes a thick puree.   You can add 1/4 to 1/2 cup filtered water along the way if necessary, for thinner consistency.

Enjoy!





No comments: