Friday, March 11, 2022

Microgreens, fresh grapefruit sections, sliced ripe avocado and FRESH BLUEBERRY VINAIGRETTE


This will possibly be my "go to" lunch salad even though I've never been a fan of fruity salads or fruity dressings, but this BLUEBERRY VINAIGRETTE has me hooked.  Here's the EASY recipe.


1/4 cup fresh blueberries

2 TBLSPNs organic maple syrup

2 TBLSPNs balsamic vinegar

1/4 teaspoon dry mustard

1/4 cup EVOO

S & P to taste (I used a pinch of salt and a few turns of fresh ground black pepper.

Put all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend til smooth. 


Place micro greens on a medium plate.  Top with sliced avocado, cut grapefruit sections and any juices left from the slicing, and raw pecans.  Drizzle the vinaigrette over it all.  (For additional protein, add a handful of raw hemp seeds.)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

This salad looks delicious! I seem to have trouble remembering to use grapefruit in other ways than juicing. Good job, Chef Rebecca!!!